Nationality Confusion
Oh great, a bunch of bankers messed up with my nationality this afternoon. I went to Maybank to make an appointment for opening a saving account. The guy was busy entertaining a woman who didn't even know what is her own working phone number. Until he noticed that I was sitting at the waiting seats, so he asked me what can he helps me to do. I told him about the appointment issue then he handed me the form and told me what to bring by tomorrow. Then he asked me, am I Malaysian? LOL Oh come on, am I not look like Malaysian? The first time I walked into Maybank, the banker asked me whether I am a student? LOL She said I looked very young.
A year ago, when I was taking Singapore Airlines from Los Angeles to Singapore thru Japan, the Japanese stewardress communicated with me using Japanese language and still handed me the Japanese newspaper. What the hell~ =P Later I explained to her that I am not Japanese, then she was so embarrassed and apologized to me couple of times kekeke... When I reached Osaka Kansai airport, the guards at the gate greeted all the Japanese by saying "Welcome home" including myself LOL...
I haven't come back to Malaysia for about 5 years because I was in USA for the whole time. I went to Japan couple of times for education purposes for the last few years. When I just came back to Malaysia, some of those Malay people, they thought I am Japanese, and started practicing Japanese languages with me. Yet, they still explained to me that they are using Ringgit currency here, not Yen. You can imagine how hard I laughed about this one at that moment LOL.
Actually many of my friends, they are confused about my nationality even they have known me for a few years. Some of them have known me for 20 years, yet they still asked me what is my exact nationality LOL. Well, I can't blame them either because I do have a very complicated family tree. My grandpa was a British Marine who faught in World War 2, my grandma was from China, my dad is Singaporean and my mom is Malaysian but then my family is in Brunei where I have grown up. One of my uncles is Japanese and one of my granduncles is in Thailand LOL... Okay, things are getting more and more complicated now =P Anyway, just remember that I am still holding Malaysian passport, so the conclusion is that my nationality is Malaysian. =P Although I only have one passport, I have quite a number of ICs so that causes confusion among all my friends =P Anyway, it's fun to fool others about my nationality some times, I enjoy it all along kekeke...
A year ago, when I was taking Singapore Airlines from Los Angeles to Singapore thru Japan, the Japanese stewardress communicated with me using Japanese language and still handed me the Japanese newspaper. What the hell~ =P Later I explained to her that I am not Japanese, then she was so embarrassed and apologized to me couple of times kekeke... When I reached Osaka Kansai airport, the guards at the gate greeted all the Japanese by saying "Welcome home" including myself LOL...
I haven't come back to Malaysia for about 5 years because I was in USA for the whole time. I went to Japan couple of times for education purposes for the last few years. When I just came back to Malaysia, some of those Malay people, they thought I am Japanese, and started practicing Japanese languages with me. Yet, they still explained to me that they are using Ringgit currency here, not Yen. You can imagine how hard I laughed about this one at that moment LOL.
Actually many of my friends, they are confused about my nationality even they have known me for a few years. Some of them have known me for 20 years, yet they still asked me what is my exact nationality LOL. Well, I can't blame them either because I do have a very complicated family tree. My grandpa was a British Marine who faught in World War 2, my grandma was from China, my dad is Singaporean and my mom is Malaysian but then my family is in Brunei where I have grown up. One of my uncles is Japanese and one of my granduncles is in Thailand LOL... Okay, things are getting more and more complicated now =P Anyway, just remember that I am still holding Malaysian passport, so the conclusion is that my nationality is Malaysian. =P Although I only have one passport, I have quite a number of ICs so that causes confusion among all my friends =P Anyway, it's fun to fool others about my nationality some times, I enjoy it all along kekeke...



17 Comments:
Interesting
aiyo...why so complicated cek...?
as long as u know who u r loh...kakakaka..
i've frenz holding 2 nationalities one lo..2 birth certs, 2 passwords..himself also bit confused jor..
next time u dun make ur future baby so complicated lah..LOL!
Are you sure he has 2 nationalities? Because it is illegal to have 2 for each person. The other one could be PR, not nationality. I have 2 PRs hahaha and one citizenship =P And also, think carefully lah, 2 birth certs? Is it possible to born in 2 places at the same time? LOL Come on lah Ah Jo.
Fufu~~ he said his mother & step father make it for him. story goes like this..
his mother re-married loh..with a french man..his step father happened to be french man loh, he said when he was 18 yrs old, mum spent money make illegal thing bcome legally for him, so he has france passport leh..another man made birthcert woh..
i just listen loh...ape then...
mwahaha... at least u got nationality confusion... me leh?? race confusion wor!! siao one.. people never think I am chinese one... always think I m mix coz I hang out with those international people and speak English all the time...
aiya..
some ppl think i aint chinese lah.
even said i looks like mixed, WTF?!
end up will said i like sabahan or sarawakian those mixed one.. huh?
got ppl comments tat i dun look like chinese, more towards malay or others.
sigh..
Aiyo Ah Jo, don't cincai cincai listen to others lah. Think carefully also know liao lah, how can a person born in two places at the same time? Somemore eventhough he said it is legal, do you think the government and police are idiots? LOL If he said legal again, ask him to hand out his 2 passports together to the immigration officers, see what they will do to him kekeke... Conclusion is that each person should only has 1 passport otherwise those FBI or CIA will thought you are spy or hacker. He shouldn't even tell others about it, it will only bring himself more troubles hehehe...
Yeah Jee Jee, you don't look like chinese anyway =P Mixing with international people is sometimes better than some local idiots. I never be in a group with Malaysian students when I was doing group projects in USA because they are lazy and always copy other people's idea and yet still think they are smart. They only claim whatever good things are done by them and push away all the bad one to others hahaha...
YEA... That is so true... I so agreee... and It's so common here in my uni... these people are pure slackers and procrastinators!!and yet, they have the guts to compare me with their laziness...pure idiots I must say too...
fufu~ of coz i know he was telling falsehood ..
well, non of my concern lo
but his job is dealing with illegal business one.
so whether is truth to hold 2 passports or nationality oh..not my business.
as far i just listened, but not blindly believe.
Baby Jee,
well, it depends on who u pick as ur team members. normally i know malays are bit lazy and slack..
if they dun wan to do, i just do on behalf coz i learn more n i pick up piece and pieces.
It's alright sometimes to do more. Nothing to lose..
As long as u 've done ur part :)
Actually Ah Jo ar, I know you are always the one who clean up the mess for others in your office hehehe... so pity, don't treat them too good lah, or else they will climb on top of your head and pee LOL
Fufu~ if i dun do, no one do jor, end up oh all balls come back one. roll n roll bcome bigger rock lah.
if i can clear i faster clear, if not just pretend more busy or pretend dumb n deaf lah..
i only have a pair of hand mah..
or i can show my pity sour papaya face lo...hahaha
or tactic number 2 manja lah..
kakakaka..
so many ways..but work still work mah
i also know how to snake now loh...kekekekekeke
interesting blog and interesting entries :D
Fufu~
you have been tagged. List eight qualities you want in your perfect lover and choose another eight bloggers to tag.The whole thing is on my blog. It's fun :)
Nyokk~ Thanks for dropping by and beware of Ah Jo, she is a crazy tofu :P
Michy nyokk, dun simply listen to this buffalo fufu~ k?!
he's superb lao qian oh...u must b careful woh...LOL~~
i'm innocent lo...
Post a Comment
<< Home